Bird Island, just 20 minutes away from the village of Placencia, Belize, is a small island inside a coral-reef. Its protected beautiful waters is what makes it unique. Its total privacy is what makes it special.
The central theme of Bird Island is a Robinson Crusoe style, self-catering adventure with all the comforts; where one could get to do their own thing in total privacy. It can accommodate four (4) people comfortably, (6) depending on group composition. Minimum stay is 3 days.
All one has to bring is their own food such as meats, vegetables and drinks; the kitchen is well stocked with everything else. Transportation from Placencia to and from island is included. Fishing equipment is on the island; snorkeling equipment is best to bring your own or rent locally on the way to the island. There is a canoe and paddle boat in the island. The island has a local phone, WiFi, fire pit and BBQ and many other amenities.
The island has a new main house at one end and a separate cabana on the other. It is surrounded by wadable, extremely shallow crystal-clear waters; you can snorkel, swim, wade or take the paddle boat or kayaks and cruise the entire nearly mile-long atoll or nearby islands.
It is a perfect setting for either a romantic get-away for a couple, a family reunion or a group of friends. The island also has exceptional weather, always cool when mainland starts to become hot and humid by early April. You will rarely see any of the notorious sand flies or mosquitoes in Bird Island found in the mainland, it was hand-filled with fine river sand to achieve that objective.
Want to get-away from it all, even for the shortest of time, with your love one or group of friends, then this is the place. Want to go swimming or snorkeling in crystal clear water in a beautiful unspoiled reef, you will be surrounded by one. Want to grab a fishing rod and cast to cruising feeding fish, the atoll around the island is considered one of the best for it.
Spending time at Bird Island, even for the shortest of time, you will feel like you have done something special.
- Transportation to and from Placencia is included. Bring your own food (main items only such as meats, vegetables & drinks), just about everything else is on the island already. The island has a full kitchen.
- Island has two Kayaks a 2-person pedal boat for exploring the surrounding atoll and reef. Also hammocks, BBQ and fire-pit.
- The Main house consists of spacious master bedroom plus a sofa/bed, entertainment system, full kitchen & dining room and full bathroom. The main house also has a separate smaller 2nd bedroom with a full-sized bed.Island is powered by solar power.
- The Cabana is a separate building (60 feet away) and has a double bed, Sirius radio, desk, porch and lean-to shaded area.
- A new ‘upstairs’ lookout Palapa will go up June. 2016.
Please contact us for further information at email@example.com
- WI FI
- WASHING MACHINE
- DRYER MCHINE
- CHILDREN FRIENDLY